Sunday, August 7, 2011

What do you guys think of the new "Nissan Leaf?"?

I think the leaf would've been cool if... They didn't call it the leaf; putting its driver up on an environmental pedestal. They didn't skimp on the car's range; the only reason they gave it a 100 mile range was the cost of lithium-ion batteries is too expensive to give the car the proper amount of them (there are electric cars with ranges of 300 miles). Ok, I'll stop, I just think that they're marketing it like "look! I'm saving the planet!" and thats dumb. Don't you guys think it would've been better marketing to say "F four dollar a gallon gas!" Btw, have u seen their commercial; "what if everything ran on gas???" well... I've got news for you, your little leafmobile does to. About half the power plants in the US are coal. Also, I find it ironic that they had a coffee maker w/ an internal combustion engine on it (t'was also funny that it looked like an engine from a 1930's indian motorcycle) anyway, a coffee maker is a similar kitchen appliance to a stove... which many run on natural gas. I'm just saying Come ON! these Nissan schmucks are really tooting their own leafy horns!

No comments:

Post a Comment